USGA Rules of Golf will govern all play except where modified by local rules:
- Embedded ball through the green - lift, clean and drop with no penalty
- Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions (rule 24-1 applies)
- Red stakes/lines define lateral water hazards (rule 26-1)
- Yellow stakes/lines define water hazards (rule 26-1)
Rules of Play:
- Each player must have a set of clubs. If you don’t have a set of clubs, rental clubs are available in the Pro Shop for $12-26 for 18 holes or $6-13 for 9 holes.
- Fivesomes may play with pro shop permission only
- Players stopping to eat at the turn will lose their place on the golf course
- We encourage all players to finish their round in 4 hours or less
- All yardage indicators on the course are measured to the center of the green
- Alligators are a fascinating part of The Legends but State Law prohibits you from feeding them. We also recommend that you observe and photograph them from a distance.
By order of the Commanding General patrons who enter The Legends must wear clothing that fits properly, is neat and clean in appearance and is in good repair. Proper golf apparel and shirts with collars are required.
The following attire is prohibited:
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- Athletic attire of any description to include running shorts, gym shorts, shoes with cleats or spikes or bathing suits
- Cutoff jeans or pants
- Tank tops
- Underclothing worn as outer garments
- Clothing with obscene or offensive slogans, words, pictures or graphic designs
Booking a Tee Time
Authorized patrons, including active duty military, retired military, DoD and NAF, can book tee times up to 7 days in advance. Please call the Pro Shop at 843-228-2240 to reserve your tee time. Non-authorized patrons (civilians not associated with the military) must have a tee time in order to come aboard MCRD Parris Island.